Forward Air, Inc. has a network of freight terminals located near airports across the U.S. and Canadian cities. The foundation product for Forward Air is our expedited LTL service, offering highly reliable transit and on-time, damage-free deliveries between cities every day. By locating terminals near airports and maintaining a scheduled transportation network, we are a convenient and consistent service provider with broad geographic coverage.
As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Forklift Operator $15.00 per hour to start
Forward Air is seeking capable and career-oriented individuals to work in our fast-paced shipping/dock operation. Our Cargo Handlers are responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight are required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the loading/unloading of 53 ft. commercial trailers and the operation of scanners
- Use handheld scanners to efficiently track and maneuver freight through our distribution network
- Accurately label boxes and prepare freight for shipment
- Safely load and unload trailers by utilizing equipment such as hand trucks/pallets jack and forklifts
- Ability to obtain certification and safely operate forklift and other equipment as needed (All necessary training will be provided)
- Verify documentation and condition of freight to assure quality standards are achieved
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Forklift and general freight handling knowledge is a plus
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.