Air Export Operation Manager, For Immediate Hire
What we’re looking for…
Compass Forwarding is currently looking for an experienced Air Export Operation Manager. The idea candidate has at least 5 years ,management experience in the freight forwarding industry.
The Air Export Operation Manager will be responsible, ensuring the proper and timely movement of shipments as well as client satisfaction. The Air Export Operation Manager is responsible for processing export shipments while coordinating with the internal customer service group and providing timely updates to external customer. He/she will be responsible for achieving high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
What makes us different:
We like intelligent people and our philosophy is that rote data entry is a waste of resources. As a paperless and highly digitized office, we will train you on our internal systems which can be customized in order to automate many processes allowing for you to spend your time providing unparalleled customer service and creative logistics solutions.
Compass Forwarding is a full-service international transportation and logistics company, specializing in customized logistics solutions. For over 60 years, we have been providing our customers with the most efficient and cost-effective services available. With headquarters located in New York, as well as regional branches throughout Asia, the Middle East, South America, and Europe; Compass strives to provide unparalled customer service by land, sea, or air.
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Vision, and Dental)
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- Commission on any internal sales
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan
Compass Forwarding is a third-generation family owned company. We value teamwork and dedication above all and aim to provide all employees with opportunities for growth within the organization. We are proud of the fact that our average employee has been with us for over 20 years, and as we grow, we are looking for strong people to join our team. We try to keep things light to offset the rigors of the industry. We host company happy hours, Nintendo Wii nights, holiday parties, team lunches, picnics, and other team building events.
About the Position
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Close Air waybills timely to meet gateway and airline cutoffs.
· Proper Handling of Expedited, AOG, Aerospace logistics, COMAT and Hazardous freight.
· Print all Necessary Export Documents.
· Provide Warehouse with loading docs.
· Perform Export Clearance.
· Send Pre-advises to destination offices / agents.
· Communicates with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt, report any discrepancies to avoid mis-handling of goods.
· As a contingency to Customer Service, will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner.
· Assists the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met.
· Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence and are uploaded properly to document management system.
· Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints.
· Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed with timely updates.
· Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Set up reporting to monitor key accounts activity/shipments on a daily basis and liaison with both overseas offices and our own.
· Assist with additional lane set up as required by customer.
· Oversee special projects as needed.
· Coordinate communication between all parties to ensure customer requirements are met.
· First point of customer contact for day to day issues/problems.
· First point of contact for destination offices and will resolve any issues/problems timely to avoid delays to customer. Also answering destination timely for any corrections required.
· Identify problems and proactively resolve any issues to minimize impact to client and the company.
· Must possess high level of organization and time management of workload and self
New York Office M-F 8:00 am – 5:00 pm EST
This is a operation position, as such it requires exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Associate's degree preferred and six months to one year of related experience.
5-7 years of related air export/international experience.
Compass is a paperless company and as such we heavily rely on technology. While we will train on our programs, a fundamental level of comfort with a personal computer and windows operating system is required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Previous experience with IES is a plus
Compass Forwarding is an Equal Opportunity Employer.