Forward Air Solutions (FAS), a division of Forward Air Inc., provides our customers with a customized consolidation and delivery process that controls costs and more effectively replenishes their network of stores in both major cities and more remote communities across the US. Our primary focus is on advancing the Pool Distribution concept to more customers, more industries and more places. We are dedicated to providing a unique and consistently reliable distribution network for the industries we serve, including; retail, hospitality, healthcare, and publishing.
Position: Check-in Clerk
The Check-in Clerk fields external customer questions, complaints and shipment tracking inquiries while demonstrating the highest degree of courtesy, integrity and professionalism to resolve customer issues via phone and email communication. Responsibilities include completing Driver check in duties on a daily basis, handling all related documents, and distributing paperwork accordingly, clerical data entry, and filing.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming customer calls and provide detail information
- Notify customers daily of freight availability
- Data entry (domestic and international bills)
- Maintain a driver sign in log
- Maintain a cash log file
- Maintain files in order and as outlined in the operations procedures and policy manual
- Perform daily audits on all outbound shipments
- Arrive inbound manifest and close out outbound manifest in the AS400
- Consistently monitor e-mail request and provide detail information in a timely fashion
- Regular and dependable attendance
- Prepare in-bond documentation (Smaller stations only)
- Acceptance of “containers” and proper documentation (Smaller stations only)
- Office cleanliness: vacuum and trash empty (Smaller stations only)
- Process dock receipt for export bookings and maintain spreadsheet (Smaller stations only)
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments to their completion and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and managers
- Desire for a long-term career with an industry leading company
- Ability to present and maintain a positive corporate image in a fast paced environment
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to perform general administrative duties; file, perform data entry, photocopies, etc.
- Ability to handle heavy work load and work well under pressure
- Understanding of industry documents (bill of lading, master air way bills, tsa forms, etc)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to pass basic hazardous materials training
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with AS400 operating systems is a plus
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience is a plus
- Computer skills, including MS Office/Excel, AS400 functions: air-bills, manifest, customer, customer service, reports, etc.
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.