Forward Air, Inc. has a network of freight terminals located near airports across the U.S. and Canadian cities. The foundation product for Forward Air is our expedited LTL service, offering highly reliable transit and on-time, damage-free deliveries between cities every day. By locating terminals near airports and maintaining a scheduled transportation network, we are a convenient and consistent service provider with broad geographic coverage.
As an industry leader - we are dedicated to finding and developing the best people. We want individuals who share our core values and demonstrate a true passion for what we do. Forward Air offers excellent compensation and benefits packages to our employees, as well as tremendous growth opportunities for top performers.
Position: Cargo Handler/Dock Worker Part Time
Forward Air is seeking capable and career-oriented individuals to work in our fast-paced shipping/dock operation. Our Cargo Handlers are responsible for loading and unloading freight on our trailers in a safe and timely manner. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight are required. All necessary training and materials for this position are provided. 2nd and 3rd shift available. Pay starts at $14.55 and incrementally increases to $15.30 by 1 year of employment.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the loading/unloading of 53 ft. commercial trailers and the operation of scanners
- Use handheld scanners to efficiently track and maneuver freight through our distribution network
- Accurately label boxes and prepare freight for shipment
- Safely load and unload trailers by utilizing equipment such as hand trucks/pallets jack and forklifts
- Ability to obtain certification and safely operate forklift and other equipment as needed (All necessary training will be provided)
- Verify documentation and condition of freight to assure quality standards are achieved
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to ninety (90) pounds
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Forklift and general freight handling knowledge is a plus
Forward Air is an Equal Opportunity employer.