American Export Lines is an international air and ocean freight forwarder and NVOCC founded in 1974 and headquartered in Los Angeles, CA providing international and domestic (import and export) air freight, ocean freight, rail freight, warehousing and trucking services worldwide. This is for a full-time position, Monday - Friday - 8:00am to 5:00pm, sometimes requiring candidate to come in earlier and/or stay later to complete tasks.
American Export Lines, founded in 1974, is an International Freight Forwarder, NVOCC and Warehousing company located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Position requires employee to provide excellent customer service, responsible for heavy documentation, coordinating trucking, tracking and tracing import and export shipments, coordinating manifests and documents with agents overseas and coordinating operations with our warehouse.
- The successful candidate will be supporting two customer service representatives and handling all paperwork for inbound truckers and customers who are delivering cargo.
- We prefer candidates with experience handling Ocean and Air Freight shipments at a Freight forwarding company.
- Coordinate and accept deliveries for customers and upload receiving reports and pictures to online databases including google docs and our forwarding software.
- Liase with import department assist with data entry of shipment data into our operations system, track & trace cargo, create shipping labels, scan barcodes in warehouse, create pre-alert data entry, submit pier pass.
- This person will occasionally assist import department to: Create deliver orders, coordinating unloading when container arrives with warehouse, validating auto titles, create master BL instructions for the line, create house bills of lading and release containers when instructed to do so.
- Handle air freight import shipments from A-Z, from quoting, to booking with agent, entering data to system, arranging final mile trucking and arranging brokerage through our customs broker.
- Maintain communication and information between Overseas shippers, Customers and Vendors to ensure customers' needs were being met (this includes providing tracking of cargo arriving to our warehouse and tracking container for customers).
- Proficient in entire ocean and air import process
- Must be proficient in Computer skills: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and be able to type fast (50 wpm or faster) and learn our proprietary software quickly.
- Strong problem-solving and customer service skills
- 1 year of experience in Ocean and Air Import operations
- Understanding from A-Z for FCL, Consolidations and all Documentation involved including issuing MBL/HBL/Manifests to agents overseas -- Handling files from booking to final delivery of cargo
- Comprehensive knowledge of transportation industry.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical experience
- Team player attitude
- Must have a high school degree at minimum
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Health Insurance coverage up to $250/month, Vacation and Holidays for full time staff
- 401k matching up to 2% of employee's salary
American Export Lines is an international freight forwarder established in 1974 with experience in Ocean Freight, Air Freight, Rail, Trucking and Warehousing Services for US Exports, Imports and Domestic transportation.
We offer health insurance coverage up to $250/month in our HMO Kaiser Plan, 401k matching up to 2% of annual a salary, holiday and vacation days.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA